Ingredients for Spicy Mango Quinoa:
- 1 cup tri-color quinoa (or whichever type you like)
- 2 cups chicken/vegetable stock
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup roasted / salted cashews, crushed
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, slivered vertically
- 1 cup sliced sweet peppers
- 2 ripe mangos, chunked
- 1 bulb fresh ginger
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Scallions, to taste (approximately 2-3 stalks, only green portion)
- 3 tbsp. Fiery Mango Pepper Sauce
Bring quinoa to a boil in the chicken stock, reduce to a simmer over medium heat for 10-15 minutes until all liquid evaporates. Mix in the rest of the ingredients for a fresh, healthy side dish. Add grilled chicken or steak and make it a complete meal!
Check out more from Sara Burnham at her Instagram.